Hemorrhoids (often referred to as piles) are distended veins in the lining of the anus. Because of how widespread the occurrence of hemorrhoids is in the general population, even among children, many conventional physicians consider them to be normal. Holistic physicians, however, recognize that hemorrhoids are not a part of normal health and should be addressed.
They can either be internal, meaning they occur near the beginning of the anus, or external hemorrhoids, occurring at the opening of the anus. Hemorrhoids that protrude outside the anus are known as prolapsing hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids include bleeding (usually bright red fresh blood that shows up on the toilet paper after wiping), itching, mucus, discomfort, and pain during elimination and, at times, sitting.
Caution: Bleeding during bowel movements needs to be checked to rule out other more serious conditions. If you experience blood in your stool, seek immediate medical attention.
Hemorrhoids are often the result of poor diet, constipation or a sluggish bowel, straining during bowel movements, chronic low-level dehydration, lack of exercise, and/or a sedentary lifestyle. Correcting these factors can be very helpful in preventing and eliminating hemorrhoids. They are also very common during pregnancy.
Eat an organic, whole foods diet that emphasizes high-fiber foods, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (especially dark green, leafy vegetables, such as kale), grains such as brown rice and millet, and lean, organic meats and poultry. Also drink plenty of healthy beverages, such as herbal teas, fresh squeezed juice, and pure, filtered water.
The following nutrients can help prevent and reverse hemorrhoids: vitamin C with bioflavonoids and rutin, vitamin A, beta carotene, vitamin B complex, folic acid, essential fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Linseed oil (one teaspoon upon arising and at night) can also be used to help soften stools.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day nc.vitaminstrength.com for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
- Vitamin E – a powerful antioxidant and immune booster (Unique E) www.acgrace.com
- Zinc – take 100-120 ml per day of zinc sulfate heptahydrate until symptoms improve, which may take two weeks
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go towww.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
- Learn to love yourself and stop berating yourself. What you say to yourself is what you are or what you become. Watch mindfulness films such as What the Bleep Do We Know www.whatthebleep.com and You Can Heal Your Lifewww.youcanhealyourlifemovie.com and start using powerful positive affirmations such as “I take loving care of my body” and “I am ready to change” Say the phrase over and over again until you start to believe them. Never underestimate the power of your mind.
- Meditate and allow yourself to be still. This may be really difficult for you at first but stick with it building up your time slowly. Often people create an eating disorder in order to fill a void, to stop them from thinking and feeling, and to give them something to focus on. Try guided meditations to help you to relax and let go of negative programming.
Healing herbs for haemorrhoids: www.naturalnews.com/023805_hemorrhoids_healing_body.html
Common herbal tinctures offer relief: www.naturalnews.com/028901_hemorrhoids_remedies.html
Ayurvedic home remedies for hemorrhoids: www.youtube.com/watch?v=61g6NOlH5Vk
Simple home effective remedy: ayurvedichomeremedies.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/ayurvedic-home-remedies-simple.html
Anti-oxidants in chickweed may relieve haemorrhoids: www.naturalnews.com/034962_chickweed_antioxidants_cancer.html
Further Information (links and books)
Effective Natural Hemorrhoids Treatment by Rudy Silva
Natural Hemorrhoid Remedies: The Hemorrhoid Self-Treatment Handbook by Jillian Armstrong.
Triphala, Ayurveda Organics
Rescue Remedy®, Bach Flower Essences
www.caycecures.com (800) 862-2923
www.gaiaherbs.com (888) 917-8269
Flax Seed Oil
www.barleans.com (800) 445-3529
Witch hazel and calendula ointment
www.gaiaherbs.com (888) 917-8269