Postoperative Protocols, Self-Support After Surgery
In general, follow these recommendations for several weeks to several months, and up to one years, especially after invasive surgery and surgery that requires a general anesthetic.
Initially, focus on eating lighter organic foods, such as soups, juices, broths, and pureed vegetables and fruits. As your recovery progresses, eat an organic, whole foods diet with plenty of fresh, organic vegetables. Avoid all sugars, refined carbohydrates, alcohol, soda, and processed foods. In addition, drink plenty of pure, filtered water and try to have at least one glass of fresh vegetable juice each day.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
The following nutrients are recommended following all surgical procedures: a daily high-potency multivitamin/mineral complex and additional vitamin C, bioflavonoids, vitamin B complex, vitamin E, beta carotene, magnesium, potassium, zinc, essential fatty acids, and coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). Also add free-form amino acids, glutamine, and extra vitamin B6. If you have difficulty healing, take proteolytic enzymes between meals. Chromium and selenium can also be helpful.
To reduce the inflammation caused by surgery, continue to take protease or bromelain; omega-3 essential fatty acids (fish and flaxseed oils) are also anti-inflammatory. Vitamin E and GLA can be given postoperatively by putting a teaspoon or two of flaxseed oil (for GLA), and 400 IU of vitamin E (puncture capsule and squirt onto skin along with flaxseed oil) onto the skin away from the incision once a day.
If antibiotic therapy is used before or after surgery, also take acidophilus to restore beneficial flora in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details here kevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take an Omega 3 supplement:
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Top herbs and supplements for healing post-surgery: www.naturalnews.com/021797_surgical_procedures_post-surgical_recovery.html
Acupuncture for post- surgery trauma: www.naturalnews.com/001566_acupuncture_modern_medicine.html
Traditional Chinese Medicine – Ancient Healing www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/traditional_chinese_ancient_healing.php
The best way to cleansing and purification of the body www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/54_the_best_way_to_cleansing_and_purification_of_the_body_110512.php
Mother Nature’s Natural Germ Fighters naturalhealthdossier.com/2012/03/mother-natures-natural-germ-fighters/
Immune health NC_Newsletter_07-11.pdf
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong NC_Newsletter_12-08.pdf
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT NC_Newsletter_12-06.pdf
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Jump for Joy – Rebounding is a great stress busting workout NC_Newsletter_12-10.pdf
Hypnotherapy for stress management – why it is so effective www.naturalcures.com/healthblog/hypnotherapy_for_stress.php
EFT for treating disease www.garythink.com/eft/physicial.html
Hypnotherapy and postoperative care: www.naturalnews.com/026430_pain_surgery_anxiety.html
Drugs or post-operative surgery may not help: www.naturalnews.com/020486_patients_drugs_drug.html
Further Information (links and books)
Prescription for Nutritional Healing, Fifth Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food … A-To-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies) by Phyllis Balch
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art by Kathi Keville and Mindi Green
Detox and revitalize by Susana L. Belen
The Secret Language of Your Body by Inna Segal
The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide to the Curative Power of Nature’s Medicines by Michael Castleman and Prevention Magazine
Andrea Butje | Aromahead email@example.com – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt firstname.lastname@example.org – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA email@example.com – meditation, stress
Judith Hoad firstname.lastname@example.org – herbalist.
Kath May email@example.com – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges firstname.lastname@example.org – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika email@example.com – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.