A sore throat, also known as pharyngitis, is normally a symptom of a bacterial or viral infection, such as the common cold.
Sore throats are common, especially in children and teenagers, as their resistance to many of the viruses and bacteria that can cause sore throats is still not fully developed.
Symptoms include redness and swelling in the throat, sometimes accompanied by dryness or rawness with painful swallowing. There can be a constant urge to clear the throat, postnasal drip, enlarged lymph nodes in the neck, headaches and muscular pain, runny nose, fever, hoarseness, cough and/or laryngitis.
Sore throats are usually caused by viral infections, but can also be due to bacterial infections, tonsillitis, overuse of the voice, exposure to irritating substances such as cigarette smoke, allergic reactions, infections of the mouth, and/or colds and flu.
Caution: Sore throats are rarely serious. However, if your sore throat does not heal within two weeks, and/or occurs with a rash, seek immediate medical attention. A sore throat caused by a Streptococcal infection (strep throat) must be identified and treated, or else it could create rheumatic fever or acute glomerulonephritis (disease of the glomerulus, a network of blood capillaries of the kidney).
Increase your intake of pure filtered water, hot herbal teas, diluted fruit juices, and broths.
Eat an organic whole foods diet that emphasizes fresh vegetables and vegetable soups.
Avoid foods that you are allergic or sensitive to.
Cook with garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms and reishi mushrooms, as they all have immune-boosting properties.
It is important to not add further toxicity to your system so try to adhere to the following:
- Do not consume any artificial sweeteners, such as Splenda, NutraSweet or Aspartame
- Do not consume high fructose corn syrup or mono-sodium glutamate.
- Do not drink any carbonated beverages.
- Avoid all fast food restaurants.
- Avoid all canned food.
- Eliminate conventional dairy products. The best dairy products are raw, unpasteurised and homogenised dairy from grass fed cows. If this is unavailable, then buy organic dairy.
- Avoid conventional beef. The best beef is organic grass fed beef. www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok?affld=104400 The second best is organic meat; this includes beef, veal, lamb, chicken and turkey.
- Take Vitamin D3 50,000-100,000 International Units a day for periods of 4 weeks at a time.
- Wholefood supplements are the best way of ensuring your nutritional needs are met. The best we know on the market is Kevin Trudeau’s “KT Daily” product. You can find more details herekevintrudeaudailylifesessentials.com/
- Take Alli-C (super powerful antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-parasite garlic capsules) – 4 capsules three times a day. 1 capsule is the equivalent to 40 cloves of garlic (without the breath to go with it!!)
- Take Vitamin A, beta carotene and vitamin c with bioflavonoids.
- Take zinc lozenges every 1-2 hours (if nausea occurs, decrease dosages). In one study, people who sucked on a lozenge containing about 13 milligrams of zinc every two hours got rid of viral sore throats three to four days quicker than those who didn’t.
Prescription and non-prescription medication:
What non-prescription and prescription drugs are you taking? Your non-prescription and prescription are partially the reason that you have this illness or disease – you need to get off these medications but do so only under the guidance of a licensed health care practitioner.
We know that when the body is out of balance, energy doesn’t flow, leading blockages and eventually dis-ease. Here are some things you can do to combat stress and restore balance:
- Go to a Dr Morter BEST (Bio-Energetic Synchronisation Technique) Practitioner.
- Sign up for Energetic Re-Balancing: 2 practitioners to consider are:
- Stephen Lewis, founder of the Aim Program. Find out more by clicking here.
- . Find out more by clicking here.
- Consider using Mary Millers Iching System Products – ichingsystemsinstruments.com
- Reiki healing is very powerful in releasing stress and emotional baggage. Find a practitioner here.
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) has had remarkable results in dissolving stress. Find a local practitioner here (link) or go to www.thetappingsolution.com or www.tftrx.com
- Try Hypnotherapy to relax the mind. Find a practitioner here.
Heal Your Body and Raise Your Consciousness – Qigong(from August 2012 newsletter)
Health Care that Won’t Cost You a Single Penny – EFT (June 2012 newsletter)
Become Master of Your Mind – taking charge of your reaction to stress (Oct 2012 newsletter)
Easy Chinese Remedies for Sore Throat showshanti.com/easy-chinese-home-remedies-for-sore-throat-cough-cold/
Reflexology for sore throat www.chinesefootreflexology.com/tag/sore-throat/
Sore Throat Cures www.ehow.com/video_4872142_cure-sore-throat.html
EFT for sore throat healing www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfh1RXnurc
Further Information (links and books)
Uncover the meaning behind throat problems (scroll down to throat section)www.compassionatedragon.com/metaphysics2.html
The Best Sore Throat Remedies: Direct from Nature’s Pharmacy by Nicholas J. Meyer
Scientifically Proven Home Remedies (UPDATED): Top 18 Home Remedies For Treating The Most Common Illnesses. Discover The Best Home Remedies For Headaches, Acne, Diarrhea, Sore Throat, Nausea And More! by Jim Bryce
The Complete Homeopathy Handbook: Safe and Effective Ways to Treat Fevers, Coughs, Colds and Sore Throats, Childhood Ailments, Food Poisoning, Flu, and (U [ THE COMPLETE HOMEOPATHY HANDBOOK: SAFE AND EFFECTIVE WAYS TO TREAT FEVERS, COUGHS, COLDS AND SORE THROATS, CHILDHOOD AILMENTS, FOOD POISONING, FLU, AND (U ] by Castro, Miranda (Author) Nov-15-1991 [ by Miranda Castro
Throat Rescue, Peaceful Mountain
www.peacefulmountain.com (888) 303-3
Andrea Butje | Aromahead firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy
Carrie Vitt email@example.com – organic food recipes.
David Spector-NSR/USA firstname.lastname@example.org – meditation, stress
judith hoad email@example.com – herbalist.
Kath May firstname.lastname@example.org – reiki, tai chi.
Lillian Bridges email@example.com – Chinese medicine, living naturally.
Monika firstname.lastname@example.org – aromatherapy.
Rakesh GAC@AyurvedicLifeStyles.com – Ayurvedic Practitioner.