Lovely Salad Dressing
You can make salad dressing ahead by blending the following:
1 C olive or flax oil, or a blend of the two.
¼ C or more to taste fresh lemon, lime juice or apple cider vinegar.
¼ – ½ C pure water
1-2 cloves garlic
1 T herbs. Choose from dill, basil, thyme, parsley, cilantro, or your favorite fresh or dried herbs.
Combine ingredients and blend until smooth.
Toss your salad with up to 2 T of dressing per meal.
Instant Salad Dressings
Once you taste how simple toppings can enhance fresh salad greens, you may choose to eat all your salads with this light dressing. If you embellish your salads with a diverse selection of freshly grated vegetables, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, onions, hearts of palm jicama, peppers and other seasonal options, you may find you enjoy your salads naked, or perhaps with just the juice of half a fresh lemon. In any event, there is a good chance you will find you never buy a bottle of commercial salad dressing again, once you have tasted some of the following instant salad dressings. Have fun experimenting with the following delicious, time saving instant dressings, soon you will be making up your own favorite recipes.
Choose any of the following simple, healthy and delicious toppings to dress up a salad in a flash.
- Drizzle one tablespoon oil, a squeeze of lemon, lime or apple cider vinegar, and add fresh herbs or condiments, such as brewers yeast, kelp or dulse, sea salt, cayenne or freshly ground black pepper onto salad. Toss and enjoy.
- Squeeze the juice of half an orange, a teaspoon of sesame seeds, a few shakes of sea salt and pepper if you like, and enjoy.
- Put Tamari or organic soy sauce in a spray bottle and lightly mist your greens, add a shot of olive oil, a splash of rice vinegar and a few turns of pepper.
- Pour some of the juice from your favorite jar of olives, a splash of olive oil and some salt and pepper over greens.
- Blend a red pepper, two tablespoons of tahini, 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup of water and sea salt to taste.
- Wash 1/4 of a bunch of fresh cilantro, basil or parsley, toss on top of salad, add a few tablespoons of your favorite salsa, a splash of extra virgin olive oil and toss well.
- Mix plain yogurt, lemon juice, fresh salsa, sea salt and pepper. Toss together with salad.
- Smash 1/2 of a ripe avocado with lemon, orange or lime juice, add a dash of tamari, and a bit of water if necessary; toss with greens.
All ingredients are interchangeable. If you are cleansing, use your oil quota wisely. If you are on the Candida cleanse, omit salsa that may contain vinegar or sweetener. If you don’t like an ingredient, substitute it with something else. Creativity is the key. Really toss your salads; the blending of the leaves spreads the flavors, and activates anticipation of the fabulous healthy meal to come.
Too see the content behind this please sign up for a free or paid plan.
To see what subscription would suit you best please click here