Cooling Cucumber Salad
Serves 1-2, Prep time 5-10 minutes
- 6 C cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick, choose Persian or another tender small seed variety.
- 1/8 C red onion, sliced paper thin, cut into quarters
- 2 T basil, lightly torn into bite sized pieces, Thai basil is especially delicious in this salad
- 1-3 tsp. brown rice or coconut vinegar, (available at health food stores or Asian markets)
- 1-2 T extra virgin olive oil or raw virgin coconut butter, in liquid state
- 1-2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari (tamari is a wheat free version of soy sauce)
Rinse and dry produce. Slice cucumbers and onion, tear basil and toss with the remaining ingredients. Allow flavors to meld for 5-30 minutes. Serve Cooling Cucumber Salad with a fresh tossed green salad and thick tomatoes slices for a delicious, light cleansing summer meal.
A word on coconut butter:
Coconut butter is a healthy saturated plant fat. It is stable at high temperatures and has a naturally long shelf life. It is a truly miraculous wild food. Watch for recipes, articles and information on the web site about the many benefits of coconut butter.
Too see the content behind this please sign up for a free or paid plan.
To see what subscription would suit you best please click here