Make your breakfast eggs exotic. Using organic ingredients improved the flavor of this delicious mix. Feel free to experiment with more or less garlic, onion, or by adding other fresh vegetables into the mix. Be sure to use a well-oiled, seasoned, cast iron skillet, or other alternative to toxic non-stick cookware when making eggs. See the Virtual Marketplace for more information on non-stick cookware. Use organic ingredients, if possible.
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 1 C fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 oz organic feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 T fresh minced oregano, or 2 tsp dried
- 1 T coconut oil, raw organic butter, or ghee
Sauté onions in coconut oil, butter or ghee until golden brown; add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the spinach and heat through. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, spices and milk. Pour into the pan and scramble until the eggs are nearly done. Add the feta cheese. Keep turning the eggs until they are cooked to perfection, and all ingredients are hot.