Quick Action Plan for Sleep Disorders…
Quick Action Plan for Sleep Disorders
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, sugar, salt, refined carbohydrates and unhealthy partially hydrogenated fats.
- Emphasize a diet high in fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, as well as easily digested protein foods and whole-grain, complex carbohydrates.
- Avoid eating late in the evening, which can unsettle your stomach and make sleep difficult.
- Supplement with B-complex vitamins, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin E, calcium, chromium, copper (taken away from zinc), magnesium, and the amino acids phosphatidyl-serine and L-tryptophan.
- Melatonin supplements taken for short periods of time can help relieve insomnia, as well as advanced and delayed phase syndromes and REM behavior disorder. Start with a small dose (0.5 to 2.0 mg) taken one hour before bedtime.
- Useful herbs include chamomile, hops, linden flower, lime blossom, passionflower, skullcap, and valerian root.
- Try meditating before you retire for the night to ease your mind of worries and promote relaxation.
- Sleep at least six feet away from all electric appliances and devices, unplugging them before you go to sleep. Also avoid using electric blankets and electric heating pads, as well as waterbeds.
- Avoid lying in bed for other activities, such as reading or watching television. Make your bedroom a place devoted solely to sleeping.
- If you can’t fall asleep, get out of bed and go to another room to engage in a relaxing activity. When you start to feel drowsy, return to your bedroom and go to sleep.
Too see the content behind this please sign up for a free or paid plan.
To see what subscription would suit you best please click here